Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Vicious Circle?

I'm not sure what I think about the debate. Anyone can state anything but no matter how morally and factually "right" is is, some one will disagree. It's hard to determine right from wrong in a country that, after reading these articles, seems to withhold massive amounts of information from it's own people. Either that or nobody cares; a category I would instantly throw myself into.

The entire situation is an unnecessarily vicious circle. However I felt that the statement made about AIPAC being the cause of the war in Iraq was a bit of an exaggeration. Then again I'm getting the feeling that the big picture is being run by closed-minded extremists from all sides of the playing field. If that's the case than the arguing will never end. I'm really at a loss for what to say as I stand by my belief that nothing will ever seem "right" and we've only seen the outer edge of a giant mess. With that I'll end with this quote from The Israel Lobby that I found interesting, being that the U.S. is funding these bullets:

"Since then, for every Israeli lost, Israel has killed 3.4 Palestinians, the majority of whom have been innocent bystanders; the ratio of Palestinian to Israeli children killed is even higher (5.7:1)." - Mearsheimer & Walt

No comments: